Work from home means the work done by an individual comfortably from home rather than going to the office or working on the field. This can be considered as a viable option especially during the Covid-19 pandemic because all the offices are shut down and hence people need to move back to their hometown so that they can be safe and secure. But, the pandemic has not affected the work, and consistency in work remains. Working from home is the most comfortable, safe, and secure place for the employees; also, it provides you with a better work-life balance, which aids you to be more productive.
Let's give insight to some Pro's and Con's of work from home:
- Flexible working hours- Every employee wants to work freely and without stress. People working from home have enough time to spend it with their family members. Employees are asked to do their work on time but they are not forced to sit and work for a limited time. You can fix your schedule according to your comfort.
- Formal Dressing not required- This is the most comfort zone when you can work however you want. You need to not get ready; you can work even in shorts or in your house-clothes.
- Saves time- Working from home can save a lot of time. Working on the field requires so much of your time as you need to get ready and reach the office on time.
- Less commuting- When you work from home you do not communicate with the family members. But, while in the office in some or the other way you interact with your co-workers and hence, you waste a lot of your time.
- Saves money- This includes travel as well as food and clothing expenses.
- Self-discipline- Self-discipline is very important for those who are working from home. Because if you are under you are superiors you have to anyhow maintain discipline in the office and the same is when you are working from home.
- Isolation- This is the disadvantage for those people who work from home, they feel isolated with the people having a similar mindset related to work. You cannot discuss with others and the extrovert faces a lot of problems.
- Working steadily- The office provides a working environment and you are all-time boosted with energy whatsoever be the reason. But while working from home you don't feel such an energetic environment and hence you become some sort of lazy.
- Network issues- This is not necessary that every employee has wifi in their houses, having slow internet or network issues irritates you and also slow down your working. This may lead to disinterest in doing work because slow connection bothers a lot.
We looked at both pros and cons of working from home. Wherever we work, we are not satisfied with the environment, we somehow point out the little issues that bother us, for example; when we work in the office we want comfort, and when we work at home we seek someone to accompany us. Either way, we need to choose an environment that makes us successful. It is on you how you grab the opportunity; the place does not define your ability to work. Working from home defines your emotional stability, if someone who has high emotional stability, he/she will somehow deal with the situation positively. On the other hand, someone with low emotional stability will take much stress and will get frustrated and discouraged. Hence, it clearly explains that emotionally stable individuals are suitable for work from home opportunities.